Thursday, March 17, 2011

Solace.

I once read in a book that said all the verses in the Quran are like personal love letters from Allah to us. If you want to find solace and balm for the sore, the words will heal it straight away.

Then I found surah ash-Sharh / al-Inshirah.

It has become my favourite surah.


1. Have We not opened your breast for you (O Muhammad (Peace be upon him))?
2. And removed from you your burden,
3. Which weighed down your back?
4. And raised high your fame?
5. So verily, with the hardship, there is relief,
6. Verily, with the hardship, there is relief.
7. So when you have finished (from your occupation), then stand up for Allah's worship.
8. And to your Lord (Alone) turn (all your intentions and hopes and) your invocations.

I realized that in life, you will reach a point where you can no longer rely on your iPod's playlists to make the pain or sadness go away.

The verses of that surah are my solace.

**3 bulan macam tak lama kot. Besides, patience is a virtue, no? And good things always come to those who wait. Patiently. I just need to bear that in mind.**

0 Comment(s):